Work-Based Learning Experience
For Visually Impaired Teens
YOU can impact the life of a teenager by providing the Opportunity to learn valuable job skills!
Lighthouse Work-based Learning Experience Overview!
The Lighthouse is seeking businesses to provide work experiences to high school students interested in various career fields. This program is a great way for high school students to gain work-based experience in a safe environment.
Features of the Program:
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Teens can work up to 80 hours and are provided a stipend
- Lighthouse to provide transportation to and from workplace
- Job coach will be provided, if needed
- Performance evaluation completed by employer, due at the completion of the experience
- Occurs during the month of July
THE TEENS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!
To partner with the Lighthouse and be a Work-Based Learning Experience business, please contact Angeline Koplau at angeline.koplau@LighthouseEducationCenter.org or 941-359-1404 ext 723.