The Young Adult Program is specifically designed for students 14-22 years old, who have vision loss. This program provides services for teenagers and young adults to develop independence and to prepare themselves for the transition from high school to continued education and/or employment. Students learn important life skills, assistive technology, orientation & mobility, practical job readiness skills and social skills to help them succeed in school, in the workplace and in life.
- Prepares teens for the responsibilities of adulthood through job readiness, social interaction, and independent living skills
- Learn important life skills
- Students meet weekly during the school year
- Participate in monthly field trips
- Attend Summer Camp, with opportunity for paid work experience