The Young Adult Program is specifically designed for students 14-22 years old, who have vision loss. This program provides services at no cost for young adults to develop independence and to prepare themselves for the transition from high school to continued education and/or employment. Students learn important life skills, assistive technology, orientation & mobility, practical job readiness skills and social skills to help them succeed in school, in the workplace and in life.
- Prepare for the responsibilities of adulthood through job readiness training, social interaction, and independent living skills
- Learn important life skills
- Mentoring & instruction in Self Advocacy
- Counseling on post-secondary educational opportunities
- Students meet weekly during the school year
- Participate in monthly field trips
- Attend Summer Camp, with opportunity for paid work experience through work-based learning opportunities