Lighthouse Festival of Trees!
Lighthouse Vision Loss Education Center is participating at the Festival of Trees this holiday season.
As part of the annual UTC Holiday Festival of Lights, the first-ever Festival of Trees will occur with a showcase and silent auction of holiday trees decorated by local charities, including Lighthouse Vision Loss Education Center between Dec. 5-20, 2020.
But we need your support to help decorate a 7.5′ holiday tree that will be on display with a Braille Angel Topper, colorful ribbon and ornaments, some created from Braille paper and others that will glitter like gold. These unique pieces together will bring awareness to the Lighthouse and highlight our mission to educate and empower those affected by vision loss so they may enjoy happy, healthy and independent lives.
• Lighthouse’s holiday tree, along with others, will be displayed inside a high-profile retail space in the West District at UTC, adjacent to a giant holiday tree that will be the showpiece of the nightly light shows
• Our holiday tree will be on public display between December 5-20 and offered as a silent auction item to raise funds for the Lighthouse
• A table will be on display for everyone to learn more about our mission
• The best part is that the Lighthouse will receive 100% of the silent auction proceeds
• Take (Flat) Curbie the White Cane on a trip around town! Children are encouraged to take Curbie the White Cane on a trip throughout the mall and around town as they prepare to celebrate the holidays. Like our page and share Curbie’s escapades with your family at Facebook.com/LighthouseEducationCenter. Each post will provide a chance to win a box of gingerbread cookies!
The Festival of Trees will take place at UTC, therefore we ask everyone who will come out to see Lighthouse’s tree to abide by all safety precautions.
For more information, please email Terri Medina. terri.medina@LighthouseEducationCenter.org