Job Placement Associate
The Job Placement Associate is primarily responsible for assisting in guiding persons with visual impairments during and following the completion of the online Lighthouse Employment Services Training Program. The Job Placement Associate will assist in seeking paid job opportunities, paid and non-paid internships, and WBLE/work experiences for Lighthouse clients with visual disabilities with local and national employers,community, and government organizations. The role will also assist in facilitating job placements through communication with employers or community organizations. Other duties include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with local employers, national business and government organizations, and community groups to build a network for job placements for Lighthouse clients with visual disabilities
- Responsible to maintain the database of members of a local and national employers, community organizations and state and local government agencies.
- Assist in researching On the Job Training (OJT), Work Based Learning Experience (WBLE), and internships opportunities for Lighthouse vocational rehabilitation program participants with visual disabilities.
- Responsible for researching and attending job fairs, and performing community outreach, and attending other career networking events to promote employer awareness and potential employment opportunities for qualified people with visual disabilities.
- Responsible to procure guest speakers, preferably individuals with visual impairments, to volunteer as guest speakers to present content online or the Employment Services Training Program. Guest speakers can include business owners, career specialists, informational guest speakers, etc.
- Research current job listings for individuals with visual impairments to identify current job openings related to their training, education, experience and identified career goal.
- Assist Lighthouse clients as needed in attending job interviews, new employee orientations and training, and perform onsite job coaching when necessary.
- Assist in evaluating job content, working environment, and the ability of the employer to meet job accommodations and solutions to employment barriers if needed.
- Assist with Lighthouse Virtual Employment Services Training Program modules if needed.
- Assists in gathering, analyzing, and maintaining data and statistical information to evaluate effectiveness of the Employment Services Training Program.
- Maintain necessary contact as required with Vocational Rehabilitation Career Manager, DBS counselors, Lighthouse clients,employers, community organizations, and state and local government agencies.
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed.
- The Lighthouse has been a staple in the Sarasota community for over 35 years and has helped countless people with visual impairments find courage, community and independence. Join us! All Lighthouse employees are subject to pre-employment background checks, and eligibility to work will be verified through E-Verify.
- Lighthouse Vision Loss Education Center is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer with a drug-free workplace. Visit lighthouseeducationcenter.org to learn more about us.
No telephone calls please! Please submit your cover letter and resume.